Monday, November 26, 2007

Suzy Q

J. P. is a tall tale-teller. Britney is naive. That background sets up the story she tells about when they were first dating. He had taken her to the ranch to show her around.

Going through the pastures, he pointed out each cow and told her a little story about each one. He knew them well because he had been alone on the ranch for about two years, so he was very familiar with the cattle.

He drove near one and said, “That’s old Suzy Q.”

She asked, “Why do you call her Suzy Q?”

“Aww, she’s real special to me. Why, she saved my life. Last spring whenever we had a lot of rain, I went down to the creek to check out the water gap. I slipped and got stuck down there. She came over to me and grabbed my britches leg with her teeth and pulled me up to the top of the bank.”

“Really? Well, I can see why she is so special to you.”

Hmmmmm.

No comments: