Friday, November 9, 2007

Aspen


The first time that we went to the Colorado Rockies, I fell in love with the Aspen trees. Their leaves quake like little silver dollars in the rustling wind. I would sit and watch them and they would mesmerize me. I even like the sound of their name—Aspen.

About three weeks ago, my husband and I decided to get a new vehicle. We have driven a quad cab pickup for nine years, but we felt it was time for a change. Because we no longer need a pickup, we determined that an SUV would better suit our needs.

We fell for the Chrysler version of the SUV. After making the deal, we drove it home. The ride is exceptionally smooth—nary a bump and absolutely no road noise. The Alpine sound system is amazing. Number 6 on the Sirius satellite radio plays 60’s hits.

It has dozens of little gadgets and settings to personalize it. Selecting the entertainment is hands-free because the controls are on the steering wheel.

The inside lights are amazing. They are soft blue and create a calm ambience. It seats eight passengers comfortably and has a bonus cargo space.

Traveling home in our new ride with the hits softly playing and the cool air blowing, my daughter said, “Mom riding in here is like a little vacation.”

It’s by far the nicest vehicle we have ever owned. We can’t believe our good fortune. When my daughter mentioned a vacation, it occurred to me. My new car is an Aspen. Just as the Aspen leaves fascinated me years ago, so does our new car now.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah yeah yeah, rub it in. I might as well be driving an El Camino. Okay, it's not that bad.... but I'd like to have a vehicle from this millenium.

Anyway, off my soap box.

Your car is really nice. Whenever I come home for Christmas I get to drive it. Thanks!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.