I'm really excited about my new blog. I can see so much potential in its use. However, I'll probably just use it for my own therapy. It will be cheaper than counseling. Often when I just talk things through, I'll think more clearly.
This past weekend, I attended the funeral of my dear friend's mother. Although it was very sad, I came away from the experience renewed. Usually the two situations don't go together, but this time they did.
I took the time to visit with my friend and her family. I knew most of them pretty well, but I had not had the opportunity to enjoy their children. Visiting until midnight, we recounted old times, told stories on each other, renewed our relationships, and got reacquainted. I came away feeling happy and peaceful even though the event had initially been a somber occasion.
As I drove the few miles home, I wondered why this visit had been so meaningful to me. It occurred to me that my friend and her family had made me feel so welcome, warm, and comfortable. They valued my friendship and treated me with the utmost respect (even as they were teasing me). I felt like I was going to cry because this kind of unconditional acceptance has been lacking for me. I felt, at long last, that all was right in my world. Funny, isn't it? How a simple day of fellowship can so profoundly change a person's outlook!
I made a vow that night that I would try to recreate this feeling more often. It is one of the best sensations ever!
May God bless you.
This past weekend, I attended the funeral of my dear friend's mother. Although it was very sad, I came away from the experience renewed. Usually the two situations don't go together, but this time they did.
I took the time to visit with my friend and her family. I knew most of them pretty well, but I had not had the opportunity to enjoy their children. Visiting until midnight, we recounted old times, told stories on each other, renewed our relationships, and got reacquainted. I came away feeling happy and peaceful even though the event had initially been a somber occasion.
As I drove the few miles home, I wondered why this visit had been so meaningful to me. It occurred to me that my friend and her family had made me feel so welcome, warm, and comfortable. They valued my friendship and treated me with the utmost respect (even as they were teasing me). I felt like I was going to cry because this kind of unconditional acceptance has been lacking for me. I felt, at long last, that all was right in my world. Funny, isn't it? How a simple day of fellowship can so profoundly change a person's outlook!
I made a vow that night that I would try to recreate this feeling more often. It is one of the best sensations ever!
May God bless you.




1 comment:
It is great to have true friends isn't it? I always say quality, not quantity. I think that even though it hurts at the time to "weed out" people who don't love you unconditionally, it really makes your whole life better in the long run. Even though you don't always see those people, those times of fellowship are priceless. Love you.
Brit
Post a Comment