I have a love/hate relationship with garage sales. On the one hand, my husband and I love to go to them to see all the neat junk. I usually buy stuff I don’t really need, but that I think is unique or that evokes a memory of some sort. Occasionally, I'll come across a real bargain. On the other hand, I hate holding a garage sale because it is a lot of work just to make $22.00. Yes, that’s about what I made at our last garage sale. My time should also be factored in. I spent several years accumulating all this stuff to sell, days to go through and select it, mark it, load it and haul it to the sale, unload it, arrange it, sell it, re-load the stuff that didn’t sell and dispose of it. All that for $22.00? Not too cost effective, I’d say. Probably about ten cents an hour.
But, then there’s the bright side of it. I feel better about clean closets. I get to see the people who come to check out and/or buy our goodies and I get to spend the whole day smiling.
I’m hoping for more than $22.00 this Saturday. But, if I don’t make any more than that, it will have still have been worth it because I will get rid of stuff that I no longer need, I’ll get to see friends and make some new ones, and I will have had quality time with my daughter getting ready for it. I’ll keep you posted on the outcome.




1 comment:
Brenda Gail, I'm sure you will get more this time. I can pretty much assure you since our whole garage is full of stuff. And I mean the whole garage.
I love you!
Post a Comment