Friday, May 2, 2008

State UIL

Today is the day that UIL students should work for all year long. It is State UIL at tu (ugh) in Austin. We have one magnificent young lady who has earned her way to State this year.

She is only a junior and this is her second trip. I order her study materials in the summer and they come in right at the first of school. She begins studying immediately so that she can get a head start on learning her spelling words. She is amazing. Her dedication is unsurpassed at HHS.

So, today, we go to State. Tomorrow she tests. Hopefully, she'll improve her placing this year over last year although last year's place was respectable. She's shooting to win it all. I know she can, too. We'll find out results tomorrow at 3 p.m. As always, I'm requesting a little prayer for her.

No comments: