I also had my normal infusion although is was over a week late. I've been so tired and lethargic that I haven't wanted to do anything but rest. But, even the rest did not make that tired, sick feeling go away. The last few days, I've also experienced a lot of the Crohny symptoms related to the time period just before an infusion. My hope is that they will also subside.
The nurse then took out my PICC line. I'm so glad to be free of it. It continued to be sore and really bothered me. I almost feel like an uncaged bird. I'll still have to take medicine by the clock, but at least it won't be 3 times a day.
I enjoyed visiting with my nurses at the ACS department today. There are five of the nurses that I have gotten really close to there. They look forward to seeing me and I look forward to visiting with them. Whenever they know that I am scheduled, they make it a point to pop in if for just a minute. Even though we don't really know each other's families, it seems like we do
because we share stories about them the entire time I'm there. Over the course of the years that I have gone for my infusions, they have made my "room" so very comfortable. They have not one, but two leather recliners (one for me and one for Ken), a television with a remote control, a telephone (I don't know why), an ice cold soft drink, and a bathroom just steps away. In addition, they have put the neatest little picture film in the fluorescent light boxes so that when I recline while infusing, I can see cloudy skies and bougainvillea spires.My stamina is improving, but I still don't have enough strength to stay an entire day at my job. Luckily, I have an awesome substitute while I'm recovering.
I'm going to try to go back to work next week. I'm going to take it day by day, but maybe I can make it the whole week. If not, I'll call on my substitute to step in.
My principal said that they would start school without me and that whatever they messed up, I could fix once I got there. That sounded fair to me, so I agreed. No telling what I'll find next week. Oh, well, it'll give me something to do.




No comments:
Post a Comment