
People wonder why I'm the way I am. Wonder no more. The man in the picture on the right is my dad. Now, they understand exactly why I am the way I am.
A friend brought this clipping by to me last week. His mother is the tall woman in the center. While going through some of her things recently, he happened upon this picture. I scanned it and returned the original. I've had a lot of fun recalling that more tranquil time. Dad always had a neat sense of humor and it is exhibited by his "get-up" during Krazy Daze (a Chamber of Commerce promotional event) in 1965.
City Drug was the coffee shop of the day. Business men met there every day to exchange stories (not gossip, you understand, because men don't do that). As a child, I loved going there on Saturday's as mother did our grocery shopping. I would get a cherry phosphate served up in one of those Coke glasses you see on the table. Ahhhh,
memories. They are so precious.




No comments:
Post a Comment