From time to time, my children ask for advice. They question themselves.When my daughter asked what I thought about her transformation over the past several years from being a quiet doormat to being a self-confident businesswoman, I related this story.
“The adage 'To thine own self be true' comes to mind because all that really is significant is that you are pleased with yourself. Someone once said that they were at their best when they finally became 'comfortable in their own skin.' I think that you are approaching that stage now. The metamorphosis that I witness is amazing and overdue. You have come into your own.
You must know that I love both Britneys. Realizing that there are two means that you are growing. A blend of the two might be good, but finding out just who you are and being contented with yourself is what maturity is all about.
Recognizing your strengths and your weaknesses is a huge step in the process. Once you determine the "best" Britney, embrace her and help her continue to pursue joy.”
I think that was pretty good advice even if I did think of it myself.




1 comment:
Right on Ma! I love the new look of your blog. You are always a good advice giver. Love you!
Post a Comment