The school year is off and running. We have finished two six weeks already. That means that we are one-third of the way through the school year. Yippee!
Football ended on Saturday with a loss to Grandview. It was one of the coldest ball games I've ever watched. Although the temperature was not all that low, the wind blew like crazy making it seem like the single digits. It was all a bit too much. I'm sorry that the boys lost, but I am ready for basketball.
Our girls' team seems to be doing well. They have won all their games and they have some very talented athletes. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
The boys' team won't play until Friday. They won't have a home game until Dec. 19th. That's good and that's bad. Bad that I won't get to see them. Good that I won't feel obligated since I'll be busy.
Ken, B. C., J. P., Chris and Braden have been clearing brush at our place. They've made quite an impact. It's really looking good. They'd all stay for dinner on Sunday night and it was so nice to have the fam over. So, there's two pluses to that situation.
Ken and I painted the babies' room (formerly Brit's room) from the radioactive pink she wanted to a much more soothing leather color. We've moved some of the furniture back in. I'm looking for just the right bedspread. I cleaned the walk-in closet in that room. It was an all-day task, but it looks so nice and now I know where everything is and I can get to it. I can go shopping at my own house for things to decorate the room.
Whenever we get the Christmas decorations out, we will be able to get to the babies' bed and then put it in the room. I already have the bedding so that we can dress it. Whenever they are at Gigi and Pops' house, they are going to be little cowpokes. So, our time is occupied with getting the house in order before the babies arrive.
We are going to also paint Chad's room and the shared bath. Hopefully, the bath won't be a big job, but his room will. I have enough of the boxes from Britney's room sorted and packed so that now we will have space to do the same for his room. That will be an enormous undertaking. Pray for us that we don't kill each other!
The greenhouse is up and full of plants. Yeah for us! Aren't we just moving right along?
Saturday, I'm going with Brit to her other baby shower at Cranfills Gap. Her little church ladies are throwing her one. I've heard that they have some special gifts for the babies. I'm sure it will be quite fun. We may go shopping afterward since we are so limited on time. We'll take it easy, though.
Our family will gather at Brit's house on Thanksgiving. I plan on making the traditional Thanksgiving meal. Then, I'll bet the guys go outside and toodle around on the gator and four-wheeler for a while if it's nice. I imagine Brit and I will work on the babies' room or something. Then, we'll all watch the traditional football game on TV. Hope the Cowboys and A & M win!
That weekend will be a mad house for shopping so I'll most likely forego it. Besides, I'll be preparing for a colonoscopy the following Monday. Nice. . . not.
Well, I've gotta go get busy. My school day is about to begin. Check back later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment