No Thanksgiving Day travesty this year. My oven didn't go out or anything. All the food was properly cooked at my home in my oven. No snags whatsoever. It was even very good. You might remember that last year on Thanksgiving day, my oven went out before I had a chance to warm the turkey and to bake the dressing, the pies, and the rolls. I nearly had a meltdown, but luckily I remembered that in the Home Ec. department at our high school, there are 5 working ovens. So, I just transported my food to those ovens and wa-la, the food was all baked to finish at the exact same time. Thanksgiving dinner saved!
This Thanksgiving was uneventful in comparison.
Ken and I have re-painted the two bedrooms at the end of the house and the Jack 'n' Jill bath between them. They look so nice and fresh.
We got the baby bed out of storage and, of course, we were missing 2 essential pieces. Lucky for us, our son-in-law is very clever and he can make us replacement parts. When we get those parts, we'll be able to dress the bed and we will be finished with that room, as well. I have all the little baby things (blankets, bibs, burp pads, and clothes, etc.)washed in Dreft and stored in the dresser.
B. C.'s room is nearly finished. I repapered a couple of walls and repositioned his furniture. Also, I sorted, categorized, and organized his clothes and other "stuff". He can find everything for a while until he messes it all up again.
That will take only about 3 days or so.
So, now we are listening for the beat. You know the beat that goes on and on and on. That means that our lives are steadily moving forward. I suppose that's a good thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment