Sunday, September 21, 2008

When it rains, it pours. . .

On the side of the Morton Salt box, a little girl with an umbrella holds a box of salt. As it rains, the box of salt still pours out. Thus, the saying. However, most of us nowadays find this to mean that when one thing happens, it seems a deluge of other things happen, as well, and they occur all at once. So it goes in my life right now.

So far, 2008 has been a very eventful year and some of the events are ongoing.
  • Our UIL kids tied with Crawford for the district championship. Way to go H.H.S.!
  • Brit and J. P. began their in vitro journey in late January. That ride lasted until May when the pregnancy was confirmed. Now the twins are on their excursion. What a joy!
  • My mom passed away in late March. I miss her terribly.
  • In June, I began to have back trouble with excruciating pain in my lower back. It got to where I couldn't sit, lay, or stand nor sleep.
  • July 7th brought emergency back surgery followed by twelve days in the hospital and weeks of recuperation from the surgery and the MRSA I had. I'm still getting bills for that.
  • Early August brought a new air conditioning system because the old one went out. Along with it came a $6200 bill.
  • August 8th, Chad graduated from TAMU. Whoop! and Gig 'em.
  • School started without me for the first time in 30 years. Brit subbed for me the first week and parts of the next two weeks.
  • Last week, I went to see both my doctors and they were very encouraged with my progress. I have to report back to him in November.
  • Tomorrow, Kenneth has to have yet another neck surgery to fuse more vertebrae and fix one of the ones he's already had done. Poor guy. If it's not one thing, it's another.
  • B. C. takes his LSAT on October 4th. He's taking the Princeton Review to help improve his score. That had a hefty price tag, too.
  • Brit's baby shower is October 11th.
  • Sprinkle in there mountains of medical bills that the insurance company is not covering, and I think you can see why I am somewhat overwhelmed and can truly say, "When it rains, it pours. . ."

No comments: