Monday, April 7, 2008

Big Brother


Today, our technology crew came in and installed a new program that is designed to let the teacher monitor all of the students’ computers. I can


see their screens,
take control of their computer,
allow them to vote,
run a program from my computer or theirs,
limit their internet use or limit other programs that I don’t want them to use,
limit their printing,
show them my screen,
show them another student’s screen,
take a snapshot of their screen,
message them,
chat with them,
collect files from them,
shut them down.


It really is like George Orwell’s description of Big Brother in his book 1984. The kids hate it; I love it. It really makes monitoring their work much easier. I tell them that I’m watching them. They comment that it’s Communist. I just laugh. It’s too cool.


"A friend loveth at all times." Proverbs 17:17

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mom, I love you, but you are creepy.

:)