Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Re-run


I hate red tape. Yesterday, I told you that I was going for my infusion. Well, I did, but I didn't get it. When the nurse that gives me the infusion opened the package, there were only 3 vials of medicine, not the prescribed 13 vials.

To make a very long story short, I contacted the online pharmaceutical company that shipped it to me and they said that it was dispensed as prescribed and that it was the nurse's fault who ordered it for my doctor. When I approached the nurse, she, of course, said it was the pharmaceutical company's fault. You know, the fingers were pointing at each other.

So, even though a nurse called and presumably straightened it out, it is still very inconvenient. I took off from work for half a day and drove the 80 mile round trip to get it.

Needless to say, I will have to wait several days for my infusion which means that I will feel worse and worse and I'll hurt more and more before I get better. I spoke to the head of the ACS unit today and she is a doll. She said that as soon as I got it delivered to my house, to call her and she'd see that I got the infusion immediately.

The big issue is that I might not feel better by the time of Jana's wedding on Saturday. I surely hope that I do. I've been looking forward to her big day for several months.

Keep me in your prayers. I will need them and so will those around me.

"A friend loveth at all times." Proverbs 17:17

1 comment:

Jana and Kyle Keese said...

Aunt Brenda---I can't say thank you enough for everything you helped me with for the wedding...I love you! I'm praying for you and your family!