Wednesday, January 30, 2008

People watching


I’ve encountered lots of people in my lifetime. Because I have had opportunities to mingle with many different types of people, I have become a people watcher (if you will).

Most of my acquaintances are casual ones. We exchange just the normal greetings and niceties as we pass the day.

However, some people with whom I’m associated have peaked my interest. I’ve categorized some of them into three sorts.

First, there are the waxers. The waxers are those whose behavior is much like that of a piece of wood heavily laden with thick wax. Things just sort of roll off of them. They are not disturbed by life’s problems. They go with the flow.

Next, come the wedgers. They are the people who like to drive wedges between other people (or sometimes between themselves and other people). For whatever reason, they want to keep others at bay. I suspect that perhaps the wedger is either of the controlling nature, a jealous-hearted person, or a vindictive individual. In any event, the wedger wants to keep people separate from one another.

Finally, there are the sealers. Those are the ones who want to bond people together in relationships. They become a friend and never let go. The sealers stick to others like glue, but with an important difference. Their relationships are impenetrable. They are loyal to the bitter end and overlook any imperfections.

Personally, I prefer the waxers and the sealers. They are much more fun to be around. The wedgers just cause distress to those around them.

No comments: