I haven't blogged in a while because I have just been enjoying good old summertime. It is hotter than usual and we need a good, soaking rain, but there's nothing like downtime. I quit wearing a watch so that I wouldn't feel compelled to keep a schedule. It has worked so far.I am accomplishing things that I have to put off during the school year. It feels good. I am visiting and keeping in touch with those that I neglect the other nine months. That also feels good.
Last Sunday, we went to Brit and J. P.'s with the rest of the fam and they took us to their swimming hole. J. P. had made a rope/tire swing out over the water and a ladder to climb the bank. Huge sycamore and pecan trees shaded much of the creek. Shallow water turned in to a deep, cool pool. Some of them kayaked, some swung out into the water, others simply waded. Cooling off in the creek made the rest of the world sink away from us. It was quiet, except for the cows mooing for us to give them something to eat (which they did not need, but were accustomed to). It took me back to a simpler time in my life when my mom, dad, and my brothers along with another family went to our favorite place, Fairview, to swim.
I don't know what other wonderful surprises this summer holds, but it has been the best I've had in several years. I'm open to the possibilities.




No comments:
Post a Comment